By: Jen Russon
A woman struck and killed by a motorist as she attempted to cross the intersection at Lakeview and Coral Ridge Drive on a bicycle has been identified as Donna Marie Gilbert.
Gilbert, 53, a resident of the Cypress Run Villas community, died from her injuries on Saturday. In January, she wrote on Facebook, “Love that my new job is so close to home. I get to ride my bike to and from work for my daily workout. That’s 3 miles to and 3 miles back home each day for a total of 6 miles.”
She worked nearby at a pharmaceutical compounding company in the corporate park.
According to police, Gilbert was killed when a 2020 Toyota Camry traveling in the southbound lane on Coral Ridge Drive collided with her bike.
Coral Springs Police responded to the crash at approximately 8:10 p.m. Gilbert was treated at the scene by Fire Rescue and later transported to North Broward Hospital, where she was pronounced dead by hospital staff.
Information obtained by responding officers revealed that the Toyota Camry was the only vehicle involved in this accident.
The vehicle driver remained on the scene to speak with investigators and was uninjured in the crash.
Anyone with information concerning the crash is encouraged to contact Coral Springs Police Traffic Homicide Investigator Eric Schuster.
No funeral arrangements have been set at this time.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2021.05.14Homeowner Against Improvements to Kiwanis Park Takes Concerns to City
- Events2021.05.10Memorial Service in Dog Park Planned for ‘Dr Mike’ of South Gate Veterinary Clinic
- News2021.05.07‘We’re Not Out of the Woods Yet’ Warns Vaccinated Coral Springs Man Who Contracted COVID from Wife
- Events2021.05.06Lights, Camera, Action! Register For a Summer Spot in Next Stop Broadway