By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs Police have identified the mother and daughter who died after drowning in a Coral Springs swimming pool on Sunday.
Heidi Geselle Marrero, 32, and Joneily Lanclos, 5, of Coral Springs, died after being found unconscious in the swimming pool at the Sherwood Square Apartments pool at 1155 Riverside Drive by a man who was heading to the pool that afternoon. Both him and another man went over to the pool to help. The first man jumped in and the other man stayed on the edge to help pull them both out of the water. Dispatch walked them through CPR until rescue arrived.
Fire rescue then continued CPR to the hospital but they were pronounced deceased. The girl was wearing a bathing suit and the mother was fully clothed, and it was unclear what their swimming capabilities were.
This is still an open investigation said Coral Springs Police Sergeant Carla Kmiotek where detectives are trying to determine the circumstances of them both drowning. If anyone has any information they can contact Detective Dave Young (954)346-1219.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1