By: Sharon Aron Baron
A mother and daughter died after drowning in a Coral Springs apartment swimming pool according to police.
Police received a call on 3:30 p.m. Sunday that an adult female, 31, and child, 5, were facedown in the Sherwood Square Apartments pool at 1155 Riverside Drive by a man who was heading to the pool that afternoon. He didn’t have his cellphone with him, so he and yelled at another man in the parking lot to call 911.
The men then ran over to the pool to help, with the first man jumping in and the other staying on the edge to help pull out first, the daughter then the mother. Dispatch then walked them through CPR until rescue arrived. Fire rescue then continued CPR to the hospital, but the mother and daughter were pronounced deceased.
According to Coral Springs Police Sergeant Carla Kmiotek, the child was wearing a bathing suit and it was unclear what both of their swimming capabilities were.
“Based on the timeline, they could have been in there for over an hour,” she said.
The mother and daughter both lived in the complex along with their father. Both of their names won’t be released until tomorrow.
There were cameras in the area, however, police don’t suspect foul play.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration