By Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs are searching for two suspects who conned a victim in a lottery scam, giving up an undisclosed amount of money.
On August 17, a victim was approached by a Hispanic male between 40-50 years of age that was believed to be between 5’4” – 5’6” and weighing approximately 130 – 150 pounds.
The suspect told the victim he had a winning lottery ticket worth a sizeable amount but could not claim the winnings due to his legal status in the country.
He said his name was Fernando, reassured the victim that he would not harm them, and explained was looking for someone to help with the situation.
While in the parking lot where contact was first made with the suspect, another female described as a tanned Hispanic between 50 – 60 years of age that was believed to be 5’3” and weighing 120 – 130 pounds, introduced herself as Esmeralda.
Esmeralda listened to the suspect’s story and spoke with the victim of how they should help him.
The victim, still feeling leery, was instructed by Esmeralda to call the number on the back of the ticket. The number confirmed the ticket was, in fact, a winner and provided instructions on what the party would need to do to claim the winnings.
The victim drove the suspect and the women, Fernando and Esmeralda, from the parking lot where they first met to the bank where the victim had agreed to supply some of the instructed cash to prove financial solvency for the ticket’s winnings.
Shortly after withdrawing the cash, the three went to an office supply store to get the legal-sized paper to be notarized, and a legal agreement could be printed. When the victim exited the office supply store, the victim noticed the two where gone, and the cash withdrawn had been removed from the vehicle, despite no forced entry.
A composite drawing of the two individuals was completed. If you have any information or know these two individuals’ whereabouts, please call Detective Brian Elkin with the Coral Springs Police at 954-346-1281 or call our non-emergency number at 954-344-1800.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event