By: Jen Russon
Middle school drama students are on the hunt for crazy carnies this fall, as others in the student…er…body feature an October freak show replete with a tent of terror, haunted house, and what event organizers describe as terrifying mayhem.
They are also saying it’s quite safe. Fall fest is an annual performance that promotes a safer way to do Halloween, with what students are calling “freaks and carnies galore”.
Seventh-grader, Olivia Almanzar, who is helping to promote the event, said she is glad the fall fest has returned and described its tent of terror as a place of magic gone horribly wrong.
“The horror house is designed and run by the Ramblewood Middle technical students and actors. It is fully student-run, as they have designed, built, and decorated the spooky, yet beautifully horrifying house,” she said.
Almanzar and her fellow theater students are supervised by the department director, Meagan Nagy, who bills this RMS Drama event as a carnival-themed evening with a twist.
“There will be food, carnival games, a circus-themed maze, and lots of fright coming your way,” said Nagy, who recently directed her students in a creepy stage production of the Addams Family in May.
From the looks of this year’s fall fest, it looks like Nagy’s students might need to dust off Uncle Fester’s wardrobe.
Nagy said her troupe is ready for your arrival and will be pleased to choose you for their next trick, and, if you’re very lucky, you’ll even get a little treat.
Proceeds from the event support education in theater arts, sponsorships, as well as provide support for Ramblewood Middle’s next big production.
The Fall Fest Freak Show will be held on Friday, October 18, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the west side of campus. There is a $5 entrance fee. Ramblewood Middle School is located at 8505 West Atlantic Boulevard in Coral Springs.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.05.06Lights, Camera, Action! Register For a Summer Spot in Next Stop Broadway
- News2021.05.03Beloved Veterinarian Dies, Leaving Future of Animal Clinic Unknown
- News2021.05.03Dr. Nirit Swerdloff Talks About What a Day in the Pediatric ER of Broward Health Coral Springs is Like
- Eat2021.05.01Catering Company Brings Charcuterie Craze to Coral Springs