Summer is the perfect time to learn how to swim and take full advantage of the American Red Cross Learn to Swim program. Most summer class sessions consist of eight 45-minute classes, and cost $55. Registration begins on April 27 from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and April 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Aquatic Complex. As of April 29, registration will be taken at all pools during operational hours.
The unique six-level instructional approach is offered through the American Red Cross. All instructors are trained and certified, so swimmers of all ages and abilities are in good hands. To register, you must have a certificate of completion to enter into the next level.
Levels begin at Level I (Introduction to Water Skills), and work through Level II (Fundamentals of Aquatic Skills for Beginners), Level III (Stroke Development), Level IV (Stroke Improvement), Level V (Stroke Refinement), and Level VI (Swimming and Skill Proficiency). Adult Beginner classes are also available for individuals over the age of 15. Both weekday and weekend classes are available.
For more information, visit www.CoralSprings.org/summerfun, pick up a copy of the Summer Fun Guide at any City recreation facility.
The Aquatic Complex is located at 12441 Royal Palm Blvd.; Cypress Pool is located at 1300 Coral Springs Drive; and Mullins Park Pool is located at 10180Ben Geiger Drive (N.W. 29 Street).
For more information, call 954-345-2121.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.30Broward Health Coral Springs Expands its Visitor Policy
- News2020.09.29Coral Springs Honors Veterans with New Program
- News2020.09.28Coral Springs Students Can Enter ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest October 9
- News2020.09.27Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3