By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Relay For Life isn’t until Spring, however, preparations are well underway for an exciting event.
A Team Captain Party and Planning meeting will be held for interested participants of the Relay for Life Coral Springs and Parkland on January 24.
Co-lead Rachel Frydman said this year’s theme is ‘Imagine a World Without Cancer’.
According to her, the Relay For Life movement is the world’s largest peer-to-peer fundraising event to save lives from cancer and community volunteers are the backbone of the movement. At Relay For Life events, participants celebrate people who have been touched by cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action for lifesaving change.
Funds raised help the American Cancer Society attack cancer in dozens of ways, each of them critical to achieving a world without cancer – from developing breakthrough therapies to building supportive communities, from providing empowering resources to deploying activists to raise awareness.
The Team Captain Party and Planning meeting will be held on Jan 24, at 6:30 pm at the MiraLago Club House, 8955 W. Miralago Way, Parkland, FL 33076
The annual Relay For Life of Parkland and Coral Springs will be held on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at the Sportsplex at Coral Springs. To learn more about Relay For Life and form a team or register as an individual or cancer survivor, visit www.relayforlife.org/parklandandcoralspringsfl.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event