By: Jen Russon
State Rep. Dan Daley, D-Coral Springs, tested positive for COVID-19, following a rapid test on Monday.
Resting at home with mild symptoms, he said he had canceled plans to attend legislative meetings next week in Tallahassee.
While he is optimistic his was an isolated case; Rep. Daley said he wants to share his diagnosis widely in case of any exposure during committee meeting week at the State Capitol.
“My symptoms are moderate and manageable so far, and hopefully will stay that way. I plan to do everything I can to rest and recover as soon as possible,” said Rep. Daley.
He added he began experiencing symptoms, a headache, body aches, and cough, over the weekend.
“Obviously, I’m frustrated. I’ve been so careful for more than a year now. Throughout this pandemic, I have been dedicated to regular testing,” said Rep. Daley.
A Democratic State Representative for the 97th district, Rep. Daley, said he has been reaching out to constituents and peers with whom he and his team met with in the last several days.
“We know that this virus is highly contagious, and even with COVID protocols in place, we are recommending testing for anybody who may have been even slightly exposed,” he said.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.06.21Senior Activist Recognized by the City at 100th Birthday Party
- Events2021.06.09Next Stop Broadway Has Session 2 Summer Slots Still Available
- Events2021.06.03Coral Springs Museum of Art Debuts Mix and Mingle ‘Happy Hour’ Nights
- News2021.06.01Coral Springs Center of the Arts Director’s Son Battles Rare Form of Liver Cancer