By: Matt Rothman
Shannon Doherty played with the Panthers, won four state championships at CSC, and carried that into college. She led her team with a .443 batting average last season before the COVID-19 shutdown and already had four hits this season, including her first career grand slam. The Knights are off to a 6-1 start as Doherty drove in four of the team’s eight runs in their last game.
Doherty is only a sophomore and has already established herself as one of the best players on her team at UCF and will be a key part of the Knights team this season as they hope to make a run to the NCAA Tournament.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final
- News2021.05.15Ordonez’s Walk-Off Home Run Wins Regionals for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Baseball Memorable Season Ends in Regional Semifinals
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Softball Falls Short of 6th Straight State Championship