By: Matt Rothman
Before the game, the Panthers honored Damian Rodriguez and Nathan Maestre. Both players have been on varsity for multiple years and have been pivotal in building CSC into one of the county’s better teams.
“These seniors are the type of kids that run through walls for you, lead by example, and set the tone each and every day at practice,” said Head Coach Charlie Fine. “They are true leaders and a real pleasure to work with.”
After striking out 20 and pitching a no-hitter in that game, following that up with a two-hitter in his next start, Prendergast pitched a complete game allowing only two base runners on Thursday.
He also struck out eight as the Panthers only needed five innings to earn their seventh win this season.
Offensively, six different CSC players had RBI’s led by Haiden Walters, who had two. Kristopher Goldstein, Leo Beltran, Gavin Gargiulo, Jeovanni Hernandez and Carson Dircks had the others.
Killian O’Neil and Mason Phillips combined for three runs as well in the victory.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.06.222 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Shine at Nationals
- News2022.06.19Former J.P. Taravella Pitcher Colby Lipovsky Throws Gem in NJCAA College World Series
- News2022.06.16Once a Coral Springs Charter Infielder, Luis Guillorme Now Making Mark With The Mets
- News2022.06.12Coral Springs Charter’s Noah Fernandez Commits to His Dream School