By Sharon Aron Baron
Safety is in check during Coral Springs open play chess program leading up to the inaugural “King of Coral Springs Chess Tournament.”
On Wednesday, January 27, the city will launch a 4-month open play program that includes instructional programming with a member of the foundation who will teach students basic chess education.
Safety measures include limiting the event to 80 spots for participants and spectators. There will be required screening questions, temperature checks will be taken upon entering, and facial coverings must be worn inside the facility. Hand Sanitizer will be available at each table, along with wipes. Chess pieces and boards will be sanitized between games.
Open Play is held at the Coral Springs Gymnasium from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the following dates:
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
On Saturday, May 15, 2021, the city will host the inaugural King of Coral Springs Chess Tournament, held in partnership with the National Scholastic Chess Foundation.
Pre-registration is required for each participant and spectator. Register here.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.07Register Now for the ‘King of Coral Springs’ Chess Tournament in Coral Springs
- News2021.05.06Pet Therapy Dogs Delivers Message in Honor of National Nurses Week
- News2021.05.06City of Coral Springs Facilities Still Require Face Masks, Despite Executive Order
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn