By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School cheerleading team completed another terrific season with their run to the FHSAA State Championship Series.
The Colts advanced to the State finals after competing against eight schools in the semi-finals. Coral Springs then ended up placing sixth out of eight teams after finishing third in regionals.
Head Coach Amanda Mortimer said they had a solid routine, but like so many other South Florida teams, they couldn’t have the normal season they were used to due to COVID-19.
“Our girls went out there and had fun. We are happy to have even made it to finals and were able to perform.”
Mortimer is also extremely excited about the future, even with ten seniors graduating. She says the team is already talking about next year and some of the new routines they would like to do.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.25Coral Springs Charter Boys Basketball Team Wins 2nd Game This Season