By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School cheerleading team advanced to the State Finals after finishing third in the 2021 FHSAA Cheerleading Regionals in the small non-tumbling division.
The Colts competed Saturday morning at Coral Glades High School against Miramar, Boca Raton, Archbishop McCarthy, Dwyer, Forest Hill, South Broward, Suncoast, and Boca Raton High School and advanced with a score over 70.
“Regionals could not have gone better for us,” said Head Coach Amanda Mortimer. “I’m so proud of these girls that they were able to execute their routine and move on to states.”
The Colts have 11 cheerleaders on their team and two seniors in Riley Reiss and Kristen Russo, who have been leaders.
They will have a chance to compete for states next week at RPF Funding Center in Lakeland, although they are waiting for official confirmation when they will perform.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision
- News2021.07.27Coral Springs’ Outfielder Caleb Roberts Officially Goes Pro