By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter cheerleading team shined Saturday morning as they earned a first-place finish in the 2021 FHSAA Cheerleading Regionals and advanced to the State Finals.
The Panthers competed in a new division this season and participated in small varsity along with Key West, Monarch, Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
The competition was held at Coral Glades High School, and CSC scored an 80.4. Head Coach Rachal Garris was incredibly proud of her team as they challenged themselves in a new division.
“I am so proud of our team and their ability to overcome challenges this year,” Garris said. “They have really come together as a team to produce a routine they are proud of.”
The Panthers have 12 cheerleaders on their team and two seniors in Chandler Gentile and Victoria Loffreda. Both those girls have been leaders on the team and have continued to make the Panthers one of the best teams in the state of Florida.
Up next, CSC will compete in States on either Jan. 22 or 23 at RPF Funding Center in Lakeland.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs Charter Legendary Softball Coach Mark Montimurro Wins 500th Career Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs High School Girl’s Flag Football Team Win Big in First Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Glades Star Running Back Keshawn Barrett Signs with University
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense