Beginning December 1, Broward County Public Schools will open the School Choice application window for the 2018/19 school year where parents can apply online for a school reassignments, Nova and magnet programs.
During the window lasting through February 7, 2018, parents are encouraged to explore all of the District’s School Choice options available for their families. The School Choice application window provides an opportunity to apply for a magnet school, Nova school or a school reassignment.
Whether you apply December 1 or February 7, you still have the same chance of getting accepted into an available school, and if there are more applications than seats, it will go into a lottery. Keep in mind that magnet and Nova schools provide bus service, and a school reassignment does not.
To learn more about the many educational options available across Broward County Public Schools and apply online beginning December 1, 2017, visit the School Choice website at browardschools.com/schoolchoice. Families can explore their options in several ways, such as by student interest, grade level and by individual school name.
Want to apply to Coral Springs Charter School? First preference will be given to Coral Springs residents. Applications are accepted to the 6 grade – 12th grade school each year from February 15 – March 15. The application is found here: Coral Springs Charter School.
For assistance with Broward County Public Schools School Choice, parents and guardians can contact the Demographics and Student Assignments Department at 754-321-2480.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation