By: Sharon Aron Baron
With a cult-like following in the northeast, Coral Springs will finally get a Wawa store in the city.
Based in Pennsylvania, Wawa has over 750 convenience retail stores with over 500 offering gasoline. They offer a large fresh food selection, including built-to-order hoagies, freshly brewed coffee, hot breakfast sandwiches, built-to-order specialty beverages, and an assortment of soups, sides and snacks.
Located at 7305 W. Sample Road, the 5,600 square foot store with 16 gas pumps will replace an old office building which will be demolished.
Wawa spokesperson Lori Bruce said, “We are encouraged about opportunities in Coral Springs and feel certain that a new Wawa store will be a meaningful addition to the community.”
According to Bruce, she didn’t have a timeline for the completion date for the Coral Springs store.
Locations in Davie, Fort Lauderdale, Parkland and Pompano Beach have already opened their doors, and next year, locations in Margate and Lauderhill are planned.
Every new store will employ approximately 40 employees. With generous hourly pay and benefits, Wawa was recognized in Forbes as one of America’s Best Large Employers, a survey-based ranking of employers offering the best associate experiences and strongest opportunities.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22Coral Springs Museum of Art Features the Smithsonian’s ‘100 Faces of War’
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee