By: Sharon Aron Baron
An internationally recognized expert on school crisis will be holding a mental health presentation in Parkland on April 4.
Dr. Scott Poland is a professor at the college of psychology and is co-director of the suicide and violence prevention office at Nova Southeastern University. A licensed psychologist, Poland is recognized as an expert on youth suicide, self-injury, school violence, school safety, threat assessment and school crisis.
Poland has authored or co-authored five books and many chapters and articles on these subjects including, “Suicide in Schools” published in 2015. He co-authored the “Suicide Safer Schools Plan” for the state of Texas and previously directed psychological services for a large Texas school system for 24 years. He is known for his dynamic and practical presentations that include many real life experiences on the front line of crisis prevention, intervention, and postvention.
Poland is donating his time to speak on Thursday, April 4, 6:30 p.m. Coral Springs parents invited to attend. Parkland City Hall is located at 6600 University Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts