By: Sharon Aron Baron
A second arrest was made in connection to a student bringing a gun on a school campus and another writing a 10-page manifesto which said he would carry out a mass killing.
At 1:15 a.m. on Tuesday, Coral Springs Police arrested Sebastian Hawk Darrah, 18, after he made social media threats via Instagram. It all started after a parent called police after her son, a student at Coral Springs High School, showed her a screenshot of a post from someone using the screen name “Supersalivation” that stated, “Watch out for round 2 tomorrow Springs. We coming guns blazin – you locked our nigger up.”
Police investigated and were able to identify the individual depicted in multiple photographs on the account as Darrah. He was also identified as a friend of the subject who had been taken into custody earlier in the day at Coral Springs High School.
Detective Randazzo and Officer Heinrich made contact with Darrah at his Coral Springs apartment and he acknowledged that the account was his and admitted to posting the threatening post. He stated that he did not intend to actually shoot anyone at the school but meant the post to be a joke. He is not a student at Coral Springs High School.
Hawk was arrested and repeated his confession in a video recorded interview after being advised of his Miranda rights and waiving those rights. He is being charged with false report bomb arson/weapon mass destruction on public property.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.23Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Date in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution