By: Chris Brunner:
The City of Coral Springs will be offering a full slate of tennis programs for the Winter season beginning the week of January 5 through January 31, 2015. The comprehensive program, conducted at Cypress Park and the Tennis Center at the Sportsplex, includes various programming for children and adults of all ages and ability levels. Classes are held both weekdays after school and on Saturdays.
The Junior Program will offer group lessons (4-week sessions) starting with USPTA Little Tennis (4-6 year old) continuing thru the Junior Tennis Academy for the more advanced students. Entry into the Junior Academy program requires an evaluation. Beginner students are placed in classes according to age (7-10 or 11-14), while all other students are placed according to ability level. Advance registration is required, as many classes will fill up quickly.
During the holiday break, the Tennis Center of Coral Springs will be hosting a junior tennis camp for boys and girls ages 5-16. Camp will run from 9 a.m. to noon on December 22, 23, 24, 26, 29, 30, 31 and January 2. Registration is available by the day or for multiple days. For the academy level students, camp will run from 2 to 5 p.m. on the same days. This camp will focus heavily on drills and match play.
The Adult Tennis program will include group lessons for all ability levels, as well as private lessons by appointment. There are also Drill classes on Monday from 9:30 to 11 a.m. and Wednesday evenings from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The program also includes league play for men and women, both daytime and nights. There will be various social Round-Robins and Friday Night Mixed Doubles tennis.
All tennis instruction is provided by USPTA Certified Professionals. For more detailed information regarding any of the tennis programs, please call 954-344-1840.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.30New Covid-19 Testing Site in Coral Springs Offers 2 Types of Detection
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1