By: Sharon Aron Baron
SONIC Drive-in Restaurant will be heading to Coral Springs after the city commission voted to move forward on their conditional use approval at the January 17 meeting.
The restaurant, located at the Coral Landings III plaza on the southeast corner of Sample Road and NW 62nd Avenue will include a carhop service and drive-thru. The now empty parcel was originally approved in 2007 as a bank with a drive-thru. Also, PDQ Restaurant was also interested, but never materialized.
SONIC’s Vice President of Development and Construction, Johnny Jones said the restaurant will open later this year. The franchisee, who will own and operate the new location, is in the early planning stages and working closely with the city of Coral Springs in order to commence construction.
To date, SONIC has 3,593 drive-ins located in 45 states and continues to grow rapidly in new markets.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event