By Kevin Maher
Mental Wellness Networking Alliance (MWNA) is hosting an inaugural Super Sunday Jazz Brunch featuring live music from the band “Relativity” and Ebonie Paris.
MWNA is a non-profit organization that promotes mental wellness, helps make the community aware of mental health resources, and breaks the stigma of mental health challenges. Coral Springs Mayor Scott Brook formed the organization after two teenagers were lost to suicide at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
Originally scheduled for February 5, it has been canceled due to inclement weather and rescheduled for Sunday, February 19, from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the courtyard beside Incontro Italian Cuisine and Steakhouse, located at 2752 N. University Drive. It is hosted by Mayor Scott Brook and Chris “City” White.
The event is broken up into two brunches, starting at 11 a.m. and starting at 1 p.m. Tickets are $50 each and available here. All proceeds from the event will go towards MWNA.
Incontro Italian Cuisine and Steakhouse will provide brunch. The event will feature live musical performances from the band Relativity, a jazz quartet with Chaim Rubinov, Ranses Colon, Manuel Gamez, and Adolfo Herrera. “Davie’s First Lady of Jazz,” Ebonie Paris, will also make a special musical guest appearance.
Raffle items, mental health awareness information, and sponsorship opportunities will also be available at the event. The event is weather permitting, and an alternative date will be announced if it needs to be rescheduled. For more information, click here.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- Events2023.03.14Adult Volunteers needed for Coral Springs Festival of the Arts
- Events2023.02.04Mental Wellness Networking Alliance Super Sunday Jazz Brunch Rescheduled to Feb. 19
- Events2023.01.30Mental Wellness Networking Alliance Hosts Super Sunday Jazz Brunch
- Events2022.12.29FREE: Join the Coral Springs Chess Craze: Meet-Up for Players of All Levels