By: Sharon Aron Baron
The suspects involved in the murder of an off-duty Coral Springs firefighter were fleeing that night from an attempted murder scene in Palm Beach County.
Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives were able to identify all of the suspects involved and worked with the Lantana Police Department on their shooting.
On Thursday, Oct. 24, investigators working both cases, with the assistance of the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office, took two suspects into custody in Palm Beach County. As the two suspects worked with investigators, Lantana Police served arrest warrants for Torrey Holston, 19, from West Palm Beach, on Oct. 24 and Jose Garcia Romero, 20, from Greenacres, on Oct. 25, on their attempted murder case.
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives have obtained arrest warrants for the suspects responsible for Christopher Randazzo’s murder. The shooter, Holston, accomplices Romero, and Marco Rico, 32, from West Palm Beach arrested Oct. 25, will face charges of first-degree murder, armed robbery, and conspiracy.
The two remaining involved parties are not facing charges at this time.
Christopher Allen Randazzo, 39, was discovered dead at the Southern Seas Resort at 4520 El Mar Drive at approximately 6 a.m. on October 20.
Evidence from both scenes, as well as statements obtained, ties the suspects to both incidents. Due to the simultaneous investigations, and to preserve the integrity of each, details and names of the individuals could not be released until now. The investigation remains ongoing.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20