By: Sharon Aron Baron
High School Seniors at Temple Beth Orr in Coral Springs participated in a special ceremony honoring them and helping them to prepare for their next journey into college.
Honored at the ceremony were Cara Steinberg – Florida State University; Rina Matarasso – University of Florida; Rachel Ross – University of Maryland; Rabbi Michal Loving; and Evan Steinberg – Florida State University.
The program was sponsored by TBO’s Sisterhood and planned by members of their College Connection Committee and TBO staff.
The seniors received a gift from longtime TBO members Al & Luise Samuels and Sisterhood and there were brief and informative presentations on topics ranging from staying connected to TBO post-graduation, to Hillel and Birthright trips. Rabbi Loving shared some thoughts, and had those that were present share advice about going away to college. For instance, “Remember that your parents and families will always be there for you, take a class or two outside of your major. Meet as many people from different backgrounds, cultures, and religions, as possible. And most importantly, take care of yourself.”
The evening concluded with the passing of the Torah from each parent to their child. As they held the Torah, parents had the opportunity to share their personal thoughts with their child.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.06Pet Supermarket Honors a ‘Teacher’s Pet’ that Helps Students Learn
- News2021.05.05Mullins Hall COVID-19 Test Site to Close in Coral Springs
- Events2021.05.04Tickets Go on Sale for Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular
- News2021.05.04Volunteers Show Their Appreciation for Teachers at 22 Coral Springs Schools