By: Sharon Aron Baron
A vehicle theft in the early morning hours woke residents with the sounds of a helicopter searching for the suspect.
According to Deputy Chief Bradley McKeone, a BMW that left unlocked with its key fob inside was stolen from the 600 block of NW 110th Ave in Coral Springs earlier in the evening.
At approximately 1:30 a.m. they received a call regarding a reckless driver in the area driving the same BMW on 4200 NW 106th Ave. An attempt was made to stop the vehicle; however, the driver fled the scene.
He advises residents that these are crimes of opportunity, and to make sure their car doors are locked, key fobs are removed, and valuables are not left inside. If you see something or get an alert on your home surveillance system, contact Coral Springs Police immediately.
Keep sending your tips to Coral Springs Talk
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event