By: Chris Brunner:
Coral Springs Police Department conducted a joint operation with members of other departments and caught three suspects from Miami believed to be committing burglaries throughout Broward and Martin Counties.
On July 8, 2014, members of the Coral Springs Police Department Burglary Enforcement and Reduction Unit “BEAR,” Broward Sheriff’s Office Burglary Apprehension Team “BAT” and officers from Margate and Coconut Creek SET teams partnered up to catch three burglary suspects in the act. Working off of criminal intelligence received by Coral Springs detectives, officers set up surveillance on the suspects and followed them into the City of Deerfield Beach.
As a result of the surveillance, officers were able to witness the suspects commit at least one residential burglary. Once the burglary was confirmed, all three suspects were taken into custody at the 900 block of North Federal Highway in Deerfield Beach. They were identified as Javier Espinsoa, 42, Michael Torres, 34, and Maykel Torres, 32.
In addition to the arrests, detectives were able to recover $7,500 in stolen property and return it to the victim. All three suspects were taken to Broward County jail and held on burglary and theft charges. Espinosa will eventually be extradited to Martin County in reference to an outstanding burglary warrant.
This is the third joint operation in the last month between the “BEAR” and “BAT” teams leading to the arrest of multiple suspects committing burglaries throughout Broward County.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed