By Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts announced a performance by one of the world’s greatest vocalists.
As Barbra Streisand said, “There are a number of good singers, a smaller handful of great singers, and then there’s Johnny Mathis.”
Celebrating his 67th Year as a recording artist in the music industry, legendary singer Johnny Mathis is known as The Voice of Romance.
A sublime vocalist whose approach to pop music eclipses fads and trends, Mathis has performed songs in an incredible variety of styles and categories — from music composed for stage and film to golden era jazz standards, contemporary pop hits, and holiday music, all of which has assured his reputation as one of the most enduring vocalists in music history.
Best-known for his supremely popular hits like Chances Are, It’s Not For Me To Say, and Misty, Mathis has recorded close to 80 and six Christmas albums and sold millions of records worldwide.
During his extensive career, he has had three songs inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame, achieved 50 Hits on Billboard’s Adult Contemporary Chart, ranks as the all-time #6 album artist in the history of Billboard’s pop album charts, and is the originator of the “Greatest Hits” album industry tradition.
He has received five Grammy Nominations, and in 2003 he was given the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. Johnny continues to be Columbia Records’ longest-signed artist and, to fans of all ages, the voice of Christmas.
On Thursday, March 23, 2023, at 7:30 p.m., Mathis comes to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts to perform some of his greatest hits and personal favorites. Tickets start at $75
Tickets go on sale Friday, August 12, at 10 a.m. by calling the Box Office at 954-344-5990 or by going online to www.TheCenterCS.com. The performing arts center is located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2023.02.04Travel to the 16th Century: Join the Magic and Mirth at the 31st Florida Renaissance Festival
- Events2023.02.03The Time-Honored Tradition of Girl Scout Cookie Sales is Here
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Sawgrass Expressway Accident Leaves 2 Injured
- Crime & Safety2023.02.01Coral Springs High School Placed on Precautionary Lockdown Due to a Nearby Gun-Related Threat