By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Friends of Music, Inc invites all residents to attend the event that kicks off the holidays season… “A Taste of the Holidays“!
The merriment starts at 7 p.m. on Thursday, December 8th at the Plaza del Lago at Heron Bay. Sponsored in part by the Coral Springs Festival of the Arts, it is a night of food, live entertainment, auctions and raffles.
Friends of Music, an all-volunteer nonprofit incorporated in 2003 to fill the void created by the loss of the Florida Philharmonic to make sure that music stayed in Northwestern Broward. Since that time, Friends of Music has presented over 43 concerts for people of all ages at very affordable prices. The concerts have also presented a learning experience for over 1,600 student musicians who rehearse and perform “side by side” on stage with the professional musicians.
Having just hosted a choral presentation by Tropical Wave, the premier ensemble of the Gay Men’s Chorus of South Florida, two other concerts are scheduled:
- On January 28th, the Merling Trio combines piano, violin and cello to bring the music of Gershwin, Brahms, Haydn and more to the setting of the Coral Springs Museum of Art. A select group of acclaimed music students will join the Trio for a special interlude during part of the event to play “side by side” with the Trio.
- On April 1st, Steinway artist Julian Gargiulo will perform a variety of popular piano favorites, both classical and some original jazz inflected compositions. The artist will conduct a Master Class prior to the performance which will be held in the intimate setting of St Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church.
Friends of Music also provides financial support to local public middle and high school music departments for necessities not funded by the school budget. They have also donated in excess of $170,000 to these schools to support their orchestras, choral groups and bands.
Tickets are $50 and must be purchased in advance. For tickets or additional information, please contact Linda Hanson at 954-461-8023 or email@example.com. Plaza del Lago is located at 11535 Osprey Trail Parkland Florida 33076.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video