The City Commission reappointed Tom Powers for a second term as Vice Mayor on Tuesday, November 20. Powers has served as a Coral Springs Commissioner since November 2008.
“I look forward to serving as Vice Mayor for one more year and am grateful to my colleagues for reappointing me.” – Tom Powers.
He is currently a liaison to the Customer Involved Government Committee, Parent Education Committee, General Employee Pension Board and the Public Art Committee. He is also a member of the National League of Cities Public Safety Steering Committee, Broward League of Cities Vice Chairman of the Public Safety Committee, Vice Chair of the Broward League of Cities’ Economic Development Committee and served on the Broward County Committee on Communication Regionalization.
Powers was a police officer for Arizona State Police for 21 years. He and his wife, Teresa, are the proud parents of three children, Brendon, Danny and Alexis.
“It’s great serving with you and I know you’ll continue to do a great job,” Mayor Boccard said.
Vice Mayor Powers has set aside this time for residents to have an opportunity to speak to him directly.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 954-344-5906.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving