By Sharon Aron Baron
For the 10th year, Tropical Financial Credit Union awards scholarships for local students totaling $10,000.
A not-for-profit financial institution, Tropical is accepting applications for its annual scholarship program. This year, there are three scholarships: one grand prize of $5,000 and two $2,500 scholarships.
“Our scholarship program has become a tradition we look forward to each year,” said Rich Helber, president/CEO of Tropical Financial Credit Union. “Knowing these scholarships can directly make a difference in the lives of community members and their future is priceless.”
The application is open to both high school seniors preparing for college and adult students already in college, adults planning on attending college, or adults returning to college for a master’s level of education.
The grand prize and one of the other scholarships are for high school students entering college. The third $2,500 scholarship is reserved for a non-traditional student, someone already enrolled in college, an adult student returning to college, or going back to gain a master’s degree.
Current credit union members or those who apply for membership before the application period ends March 31 are eligible.
Applicants must live or work within Tropical Financial’s service areas, including Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin or St. Lucie Counties in Southeast Florida; Lee, Collier, Hendry, or Sarasota Counties in Southwest Florida.
Eligible students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher write an essay summarizing their educational goals and how they have been helped financially by Tropical Financial. Other factors will be considered, such as community involvement, charity work, and extracurricular activities.
For more information, visit Tropical Financial tropicalfcu.com/scholarship2022.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2022.08.10TICKET ALERT: Newsboys “Stand Together” Tour Heads to Coral Springs
- Events2022.08.09Apply to Broward Center Teen Ambassador Program by Aug. 26
- Events2022.08.08Rising Rent? Coral Springs Launches New Program
- Events2022.08.07Temple Beth Orr in Coral Springs celebrates its 50th Anniversary with Events