By Sharon Aron Baron
Tropical Financial Credit Union is accepting applications for its annual scholarship program, and this year, they’ll be awarding three totaling $10,000.
“During these unprecedented times, it is more important than ever to give back to the community,” said Rich Helber, president/CEO of Tropical Financial Credit Union.
The scholarships are open to both high school seniors preparing for college and adult students who are already in college, planning on attending college, or returning to college for a master’s level of education.
The grand prize of $5,000 and one of the other scholarships is for high school students entering college. The third $2,500 scholarship is reserved for a non-traditional student.
The program is available to current credit union members or those who apply for membership before the application period ends March 31.
Applicants must live or work within Tropical Financial’s service areas, including Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, or St. Lucie Counties in Southeast Florida; Lee, Collier, Hendry, or Sarasota Counties in Southwest Florida. They must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and write an essay summarizing their educational goals and how they have been helped financially by Tropical Financial. Other factors considered are community involvement, charity work, and extracurricular activities.
Tropical Financial Credit union is located at 8947 W. Atlantic Blvd in Coral Springs as well as nearby locations in Fort Lauderdale Miami, Miramar, Plantation, and West Palm Beach.
Helber said, “College may look different right now due to COVID, but schooling is expensive, and we are happy to help deserving students by alleviating some of those costs.”
For those interested in applying for the scholarship or for information about how to join Tropical Financial, visit Tropicalfcu.com/scholarship.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.05.17Moody’s Upgrades Outlook For Broward Health From Stable to Positive
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- Crime & Safety2022.05.15Drowning Prevention Event Hosted By Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Dept
- Events2022.05.11Pancakes and More at Coral Springs Community Church Free Breakfast Event