By Kevin Deutsch
A man is in police custody after a crime spree in Coral Springs, and nearby cities left three people dead, including an infant, authorities said.
Police began their investigation into the tragic events when a man caused a hit-and-run crash in the 8100 block of Wiles Road in Coral Springs shortly before 2 p.m. Friday.
The man kept driving in a stolen Kia and got involved in a four-car crash near Powerline Road and Sample Road, authorities said. After the crash, he got out of the Kia and allegedly shot a man before driving off in a stolen truck.
The man later died of his injuries, authorities said.
Coral Springs Police and BSO deputies later discovered that the same shooter had killed a 31-year-old woman and badly injured a baby, who later died at a local hospital.
The killings happened at Ramblewood East Condominium in the 4000 block of Northwest 88th Avenue, authorities said.
After the killings and car crashes, the man later caused a third crash that injured two people in Coconut Creek, authorities said.
He was later spotted naked in public and taken into custody at a gas station in Coconut Creek.
Charges against him were pending Saturday.
His name was not immediately made public.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.07.01Coral Springs Woman Killed By County Bus
- Crime & Safety2022.06.29Antisemitic Pamphlets Left at Homes in Parkland and Coral Springs
- Crime & Safety2022.06.27“I Fear For My Life”: Woman’s Social Media Post Leads to Attacker’s Arrest
- News2022.06.27Coral Springs Crime Update: $17K Grand Theft on University Drive