This story has been updated.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Two teenagers in Coral Springs who were stabbed with knives intended to rob others Thursday evening, police said.
According to Coral Springs Police Capt. Brad McKeone, police arrived to an apartment at The Preserve at Coral Square around 7:00 p.m. Thursday after a mother reported that her 15 year-old son was the victim of a stabbing. His injuries included a chest or abdominal area wound. A Broward Sheriff’s Office helicopter then airlifted him to Broward Health Medical Center.
Police learned there was a second teen who was stabbed who had already been taken to Broward Health Coral Springs by his father.
“At this point, all evidence and statements indicate that the two teens planned a robbery and were stabbed by the would-be victim,” said McKeone.
The scene of the crime was in the vicinity of the southwest corner University Drive and Atlantic Boulevard. After the attack, both of the teens walked home. McKeone said police questioned businesses in the area who didn’t see the anything suspicious. Officers went to the hospital to question one of the victims, and the suspect, who they were searching for, is actually a victim of the robbery, and may have acted in self-defense.
“The witnesses turned into would-be suspects of a robbery,” said McKeone.
This is still being investigated and McKeone asks if anyone was in the area between 6-7 p.m. and saw fighting or the teens walking home to please call 954-356-4544.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- EventsFebruary 25, 2024American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life Taking Place in Coral Springs
- EventsFebruary 22, 2024Black History Month Book Fair Celebrates African American Culture
- EventsFebruary 21, 2024Phi Xi Zeta Chapter Celebrates 16 Years in Coral Springs with Tribute to Police
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Coral Glades Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher