Once again, our friends at WPLG’s Big Bus Toy Express have asked Coral Springs Talk to let the community know about this annual event.
By Sharon Aron Baron
WPLG’s Big Bus Toy Express will stop at two Tropical Financial Credit branches to pick up new, unwrapped toys for the Marine Corps Reserve’s Toys for Tots program.
On Friday, December 10, the annual toy collection starts at the credit union’s Kendall branch at 10510 SW 88th St. at 6 a.m. It finishes at the Coral Springs branch located at 8947 W. Atlantic Boulevard Coral Springs, around 6 p.m.
The Big Bus Toy Express will make several other stops in between.
The public is invited to come by and drop off toys and meet Local 10 news anchors Kristi Krueger, who will be doing live reports at the Kendall branch, and Louis Aguirre, who will be in Coral Springs. All the activities take place outdoors, and CDC guidelines will be followed.
“We are once again excited to partner with WPLG and the Marine Corps Reserve for the Big Bus Toy Express,” said Rich Helber, CEO/president of Tropical Financial Credit Union. “It’s been another challenging year with the pandemic, but the bus must roll on so we can make sure kids in our community have presents to open for the holiday.”
Based in Miramar, Florida, Tropical Financial Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution whose deposits are federally insured. Anyone living or working in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Lee, Collier, Hendry, and Sarasota Counties is eligible to join.
If someone is interested in donating a toy but cannot make it in person on December 10, they are invited to drop it off at any Tropical Financial branch in Miami-Dade or Broward County. Visit www.tropicalfcu.com for a list of all locations.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway