By: Matt Rothman
While Coral Glades football continues to make history on the field, they had a pair of players selected to play in the Miami-Dade vs. Broward All-Star football game later this year.
Both Dylan Knaebel and Joseph Rispoli have been on the varsity football team since they were freshmen, and in 2020, each was a key contributor to helping Coral Glades make their first playoff appearance in school history.
Knaebel threw for 325 yards in only six quarters before suffering a season-ending injury as a sophomore. He followed that up with 1,012 yards through the air his junior season and threw for 12 touchdowns.
“It means a lot to play in this,” said Knaebel, who already has an offer to play in college. “I have worked very hard for this. Ever since I was a freshman, I made my way up to the top.”
For Rispoli, he has been an anchor on defense for the Jaguars. He recorded 37 tackles his sophomore season with five sacks, three forced fumbles, and one recovery.
“That’s big for our program,” Head Coach Cam Thomas said. “These young men are starting to get the recognition that they deserve. Dylan and Joseph are two big pieces of our foundation for the program.”
Both these players will be back in action for the Jaguars on Friday, September 17th, when Coral Glades plays Western High School in their second game of the season.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses