By: Matt Rothman
For the first time in school history, the Coral Glades High School football team advanced to the playoffs after a strong regular season.
Head Coach Cam Thomas said at the beginning of the season that they expected to “slowly take over the city one practice, one game at a time, and to be the most competitive team in our corner of Broward County.”
They managed to do that well with their first win of the season against Coral Springs Charter 34-13. After falling to the ultra-talented Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School football team, they defended their home turf with a win over J.P. Taravella, then dominated Pompano Beach High School 43-12 to go 3-1.
In their three victories, Coral Glades scored 98 points and did not allow more than 13 points in any of their wins. They will be facing Miami High School at home in the opening round of the playoffs Friday, December 4, at 7 p.m.
A big part of their success came from quarterback Dylan Knaebel who went 45-97 for 621 yards and seven touchdowns.
Keshawn Barrett ran for 316 yards and scored three touchdowns on the ground. Joseph Rispoli and Knabel each added a rushing touchdown as well, while Jamari Collier led the team in receiving yards catching 16 passes for 279 yards, and scored a pair of touchdowns.
Michael Remy also scored twice and had ten catches for over 100 yards this year. Joell Holmes, Jeremiah Holmes, and Kyle Williamson also caught touchdowns in the regular season.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs Charter Legendary Softball Coach Mark Montimurro Wins 500th Career Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs High School Girl’s Flag Football Team Win Big in First Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Glades Star Running Back Keshawn Barrett Signs with University
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense