By Bryan Boggiano
Diners looking for a taste of traditional Italian cuisine soon might have another option to choose from.
The site is the former location of Applebee’s, which closed in February due to financial difficulties resulting from the pandemic.
Divieto, Italian for “prohibition,” has an atmosphere reminiscent of 1920s New York. This includes decorations that model the fashion and zeitgeist of the period, according to the company’s website.
They offer over 70 Italian dishes, including various antipasti, soups, salads, pizzas, pasta dishes, meats, and desserts, all made from scratch with local ingredients. Their signature dish is Ruota di Parmigiano, a fettucine-Afredo dish tossed in a Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese wheel. Divieto also has a wide alcohol menu, including wines, beers, and cocktails, according to their website.
As of press time, there is no specific opening date for the proposed Coral Springs location.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan is pursuing his masters in geosciences at Florida International University. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- Crime & Safety2022.05.19Coral Springs Recognizes National Police Week 2022
- News2022.05.18Coral Springs Educator Named Finalist for State 2023 Teacher of the Year
- News2022.05.14New Candidate Enters Commission Seat 2 Election; Brook, Simmons Still Running Unopposed
- News2022.05.10Coral Springs Recognizes Mental Health Awareness Month 2022