By: Matt Rothman
Five athletes make it official at Coral Springs Charter School’s signing day on Wednesday and will continue playing sports in college.
The Panthers had three softball players sign in Bridget Dunham, Vicki Vasquez, and Ariana Gonzalez.
Dunham committed in 2020 to Indian River State College after spending five seasons on the CSC softball team. The senior has had an incredible season this year and is hitting .623. She has hit two home runs in her career and has driven in 51 runs after winning three state championships.
Vasquez will be playing at St. John’s River State College after spending four years on the varsity team. She has 21 hits this season and 13 RBI’s.
Gonzalez will be playing at the College of Staten Island. She has seen occasional playing time this year, helping CSC start the season 14-2.
“It’s great that kids continue to play at the next level and represent our program at a variety of different divisions,” Coral Springs Charter Head Coach Mark Montimurro said. “It shows our young players that they can find a college somewhere that suits their talent level and their personalities.”
Bailey Sweginnis from the girl’s soccer team signed to play at the University of South Florida. In her last two seasons, she has scored 29 goals and registered nine assists as her team has won 25 games in the past two years.
Gio Rodriguez will be playing at Elmhurst University. Rodriguez has been an anchor on the offensive line and has done a tremendous job protecting quarterback Brett Straus and running room for Terrell Taylor.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013