By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter Softball star, Bridget Dunham, announced that she would be continuing her softball career in 2021-22 at Indian River State College in Fort Pierce.
Since eighth grade, Dunham has played softball under Head Coach Mark Montimurro, contributing to three State Championships.
Durham is thankful for her time with the Panthers and feels she would not have had the opportunity to play college softball at the next level if it wasn’t for Coach Montimurro and her teammates.
“Charter Softball has always meant something huge to me,” said Dunham. “I’ve always wanted to be on that field winning in a charter uniform. Wining states is probably one of the best feelings in the world, but without my teammates, nothing would’ve been accomplished.”
In her varsity career, Dunham, who can play nearly anywhere on the field, is a lifetime .389 hitter. She hit her lone home run as a freshman and has driven in 31 runs over four years. In 69 career games, she is also has a .448 on-base percentage and has scored 60 runs.
Coach Montimurro could not be happier for her, who has one year left at CSC. He calls Dunham one of his favorite players he has ever coached.
“Bridget is exactly what Charter softball is all about. She works hard, sets a high standard for herself and teammates, knows what it takes to win, won’t settle for mediocre results, plays wherever we need her and will hit anywhere in the lineup without a complaint.”
She will be joining a program at Indian River State College that went 34-1 last year before the season was suspended due to COVID-19.
Before that, though, Dunham will aim for her fourth straight state championship this Spring for CSC as a prominent player for a team that has won the past five state championships.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland