By: Sharon Aron Baron
Calls arrived this morning to the Broward Sheriff’s Office in Parkland reporting an abandoned puppy at Barkland Dog Park. The mixed breed puppy apparently had been thrown over the park fence during the night.
The puppy, believed to be about three months old, was shivering, fearful, and suffering from a skin condition which may have been the result of neglect by its previous owner.
BSO deputies set out to find a rescue organization that would take her in. They also collected over $300 from on-duty BSO personnel for her veterinary care. Parkland deputies transported the puppy, now called Sara, to Imperial Point Animal Hospital for treatment before she moves on to the care of 100+ Abandoned Dogs of Everglades Florida.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video