By: Sharon Aron Baron
Calls arrived this morning to the Broward Sheriff’s Office in Parkland reporting an abandoned puppy at Barkland Dog Park. The mixed breed puppy apparently had been thrown over the park fence during the night.
The puppy, believed to be about three months old, was shivering, fearful, and suffering from a skin condition which may have been the result of neglect by its previous owner.
BSO deputies set out to find a rescue organization that would take her in. They also collected over $300 from on-duty BSO personnel for her veterinary care. Parkland deputies transported the puppy, now called Sara, to Imperial Point Animal Hospital for treatment before she moves on to the care of 100+ Abandoned Dogs of Everglades Florida.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20