By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs has a new sport heading this way for adults who love sand volleyball, but don’t want to drive to the beach.
The Sand Turtles Volleyball League will host a co-ed league just for adults to have some fun while getting some exercise in a social setting.
Coach Mark Lewkowicz said that it would be fun, but competitive, six-person teams with four playing at once.
Sand Turtles Volleyball started in 2009 when the local middle schools cut volleyball from their budgets.
“I was so upset because I played with both my daughters and had a great time,” said Lewkowicz. Middle school is the age when players are introduced to the sport.”
Instead of fighting with the school system, he started The Sand Turtles Volleyball which specializes in beginner and intermediate training in Coral Springs, Coconut Creek and Boca Raton with no experience needed. They even have a summer camp for kids.
“We teach them how to play with a focus on physical fitness,” he said.
The adult co-ed league begins June 3 – July 15, 2016 from 7:00-8:30- p.m. This will be six Fridays with a party on the last night. Cost is $50 per player. This includes the court rental, referee and volleyballs and will meet at Riverside Park in Coral Springs 205 Coral Ridge Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33071.
For more information contact www.sandturtlevolleyball.com
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December