By: Sharon Aron Baron
The first baby born at Broward Health Coral Springs back in 1987 just gave birth to her own baby – and she’s a girl.
Formerly known as Coral Springs Medical Center, the hospital opened their doors in March of 1987 as the first and presently the only hospital in the City of Coral Springs. On April 2, 1987, Sharon Argov gave birth to the first baby girl born after the inauguration of its maternity ward. On Monday, 29 years later, that baby girl gave birth to her baby at the very same hospital where she was born.
“I could have given birth elsewhere but I didn’t want to,” said the new mother Tamara Replogle, who still lives in Coral Springs. “Broward Health Coral Springs is our special connection and how cool is it to come full circle and give my daughter the same beginning here. It is special!”
Today Replogle is a psychotherapist, married to her college sweetheart for the past four years. She is also the oldest of four siblings, and her parents still reside in Coral Springs.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2021.03.05No Injuries Reported After Firefighters Quickly Put Out Fire in Coral Springs Home
- Events2021.03.05Next Stop Broadway is Back with Singing, Dancing, and Acting Classes March – May 2021
- Events2021.03.04Coral Springs Residents May Qualify for Free Tax Help Through Broward Tax Pro
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show