By: Sharon Aron Baron
A refusal to give her son a cigarette led to an altercation between a mother and son leaving her unconscious in the driveway.
On May 19, at 7:41 p.m., Coral Springs Police were called to the 5800 block of 120 Ave in the Heron Bay community. The victim, age 71, told police that while she was standing in the kitchen with her her son, Pasquale Massi, 53, he became irate when she refused to give him a cigarette. At first he used his open palm to push her in the face, then began pushing her with his hands almost causing her to lose her balance.
She went to her neighbor’s house for help, however, after doing so, Massi approached her again while standing in the driveway and used both hands to push her to the ground. At that time she fell backwards and lost consciousness after her head hit the ground. She then was transported to Broward Health Coral Springs where she required staples in her head.
Massi was placed under arrest and transported to Broward Health Coral Springs for medical clearance, then to Coral Springs Police Department for processing. He was later transported to the Broward Sheriff’s Office where he is being pending trial on four counts of battery including two for battery on a person 65 years of age or older.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts