By: Chris Brunner
Starting in July, Broward County’s Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be performing improvements and maintenance to the bridges over the C-1 Canal on West Atlantic Boulevard in Coral Springs.
Barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays, work will commence Monday, July 10 and will be completed Friday, August 18. During this time, the eastbound and westbound left lanes of traffic will be closed, however, two lanes will remain open to traffic at all time. To minimize the impact to nearby schools, the work is scheduled to take place during summer break.
The purpose of this project is to perform required repairs and maintenance to the bridges. Construction activities include concrete demolition, concrete barrier wall installation, upgrades to the bridge guardrail and joint systems, pavement resurfacing and striping, painting the bridge structure, and associated maintenance of traffic. North or south sidewalks shall be available to pedestrian traffic at all times. Pedestrians will need to follow posted detours.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- Events2019.08.20Earn Service Hours: Volunteers Needed to Help Beautify Coral Springs
- News2019.07.21U.S. Department of Commerce Awards Coral Springs $2.8 Million Grant
- Events2019.07.17Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 20 Amazing Shows and Concerts
- Events2019.07.16Next Stop Broadway’s Teen Theatre Project Presents ‘Chicago’