By: Chris Brunner
Starting in July, Broward County’s Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division will be performing improvements and maintenance to the bridges over the C-1 Canal on West Atlantic Boulevard in Coral Springs.
Barring any unforeseen conditions or weather delays, work will commence Monday, July 10 and will be completed Friday, August 18. During this time, the eastbound and westbound left lanes of traffic will be closed, however, two lanes will remain open to traffic at all time. To minimize the impact to nearby schools, the work is scheduled to take place during summer break.
The purpose of this project is to perform required repairs and maintenance to the bridges. Construction activities include concrete demolition, concrete barrier wall installation, upgrades to the bridge guardrail and joint systems, pavement resurfacing and striping, painting the bridge structure, and associated maintenance of traffic. North or south sidewalks shall be available to pedestrian traffic at all times. Pedestrians will need to follow posted detours.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed