By Sharon Aron Baron
On Monday, the Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division (HBMD) will perform major bridge rehabilitation on a Broward County-owned bridge on Atlantic Boulevard over East Outfall Canal in Coral Springs.
The work will begin on October 24, 2022, and conclude in March 2023, barring unforeseen conditions and weather delays.
The recommended repairs identified by the Florida Department of Transportation will enhance the longevity of the bridge’s structure by using an innovative deck-strengthening design and construction method developed by HBMD. This method was created by HBMD and minimizes traffic delays by mainly working on the bridge’s underside.
Lane closures will occur for less than a month to allow for waterproofing and resurfacing of the bridge deck. A minimum of one lane will remain open in each direction at all times. Access to businesses, residences, and sidewalks will be maintained. Various signs will be posted to warn motorists and pedestrians.
Highway and Bridge Maintenance Division can be reached at 954-357-6040. Project Manager Felix Garcia can be reached at 954-895-8535 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.12.01Broward County School Choice Application Window Now Open for 2023/24
- News2022.11.30Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- Events2022.11.29Prepare for Snow at Coral Springs ‘Downtown in December’ Event
- News2022.11.28Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break