By: Jen Russon
Shoppers at The Walk accustomed to seeing empty retail space at the proposed Barnes & Noble on University Drive can no longer peek through the windows because of the colorful ‘coming soon’ ads obscuring their view.
The animated ads of book lovers reading in a grassy summer meadow showcase the great news that the beloved bookstore is returning in 2021.
Amelia Mulinder, Head of Public Relations, said Barnes & Noble’s return to Coral Springs, since its closing in February 2020, is imminent.
“We are planning a late Summer 2021 opening for our new Coral Springs store but do not yet have an opening date or hiring info. We are also still planning our grand opening events,” said Mulinder.
She added she would reach out to us in the coming weeks with more information.
The summer opening comes just weeks after learning Amera Properties had finalized the international bookseller’s lease.
The newly opened Barnes & Noble occupies approximately 14,000 feet of its former space and will be an anchor tenant to Trader Joe’s, which opened its doors at the Walk last fall.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.06.21Senior Activist Recognized by the City at 100th Birthday Party
- Events2021.06.09Next Stop Broadway Has Session 2 Summer Slots Still Available
- Events2021.06.03Coral Springs Museum of Art Debuts Mix and Mingle ‘Happy Hour’ Nights
- News2021.06.01Coral Springs Center of the Arts Director’s Son Battles Rare Form of Liver Cancer