By: Chris Brunner
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide investigators are looking into the reasons why a Boca Raton man died after jumping the curb while driving through a roundabout in Parkland on Friday night.
According to detectives, around 10:40 p.m., 55-year-old Michael Desimone was driving his Harley Davidson eastbound on Holmberg Road. As he approached the junction at Parkside Drive, he drove over the raised curb of the roundabout and exited back onto the roadway. He then struck the raised curb of the roundabout on the southeast side of the intersection, which caused Desimone to be thrown from his motorcycle.
A visual inspection of motorcycle and crash scene revealed no signs of any other vehicles being involved.
Desimone was taken to Broward Health North where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation continues at this time.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed