By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs will host a blood drive in partnership with OneBlood where all donors will receive a free Covid-19 antibody test.
Held on Friday, August 21, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., besides a Covid-19 antibody test, donors receive a free wellness test including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, iron count and cholesterol screening.
City Manager Frank Babinec reminds residents to remain vigilant as they continue to work on mitigating the spread of Covid-19 within the community.
“I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: the blood drive is an absolute necessity for our hospitals to replenish their blood supply, and the free COVID-19 antibody test will help our residents know about potential exposure to the virus.”
The antibody test is authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and will indicate if the donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to the virus, regardless of whether they ever showed symptoms. Donors will be able to see their results in approximately 48-96 hours after donating by logging into their donor portal at www.oneblood.org.
The testing is located at 9551 West Sample Road. Donors must be 16 or older and weigh at least 110 pounds. Photo ID and face coverings are required. To make an appointment, click here or call 954-655-3900.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts