See the full video here at C-SPAN Mitt Gets the Pink Slip near 27:35
Local Candidate for Broward County School Board District 4 gave Mitt Romney the Pink slip during Romney’s campaign rally in Pompano Beach, Florida.
Nick Steffens, a resident of Parkland, caught Mitt Romney off guard during his campaign stop in January by tossing pink slips all over him after his campaign speech. Steffens, was with Florida Watch Action, Inc., an organization dedicated to strengthening the progressive movement in Florida.
Romney, has made millions while at Bain Capitol, from firing hardworking Americans. He has an extremist, job killing agenda that will destroy our middle class, and we need to symbolically pink slip him to send a clear message that we don’t need, or want another ‘Rick Scott’ in office. – Nick Steffens
Steffens, who didn’t get into any trouble for tossing the pink slips, says that Florida Watch Action, Inc., nor himself, did not take part in their actions until Romney was done addressing the crowd. His intention was never to interrupt Romney’s speech. Romney’s staff was aware of his presence after he was ‘spotted’ by local GOP elected officials.
“I wanted to serve notice to Mitt Romney that Broward County will not be a comfortable place for him during this cycle,” said Steffens.
“Broward County voters will be acutely aware of Mitt’s anti-middle class track record.”
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive