The Coral Springs City Commission recognized 13 deserving high school seniors who were awarded Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarships for their freshman year in college.
With the generous assistance of the Coral Springs Community Chest as the major donor, the Coral Springs Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee was able to match their contribution, as well as supplement the Scholarship fund further by donations from various individuals and businesses in the community. The students were selected on the basis of financial need, quality of community involvement and were interviewed by a panel made up of representatives of the Community Chest and the Martin L. King, Jr. Committee.
The recipients of the MLK Scholarships for the 2012-2013 academic year are:
Coral Glades High
Joseph Schatt, Patrycia Tomaszewicz and Chad Thaler
Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High
Raphael Lindor, Winnie Ng and Gianni Vielot
J.P. Taravella High
Coral Springs Charter
Yessika Noriega, Lydia Wang and J’Ryan Hassanali
Coral Springs High
Alli Levy, Ornela Hyman and Jadyna Silva
High School seniors who are residents of Coral Springs and attend Coral Glades High, Coral Springs Charter School, Coral Springs High, Stoneman Douglas High and J.P. Taravella High are eligible to apply for this scholarship for the 2013/14 school year. Applications can be obtained in the Fall from the Brace Advisors at each school or from the City’s website at CoralSprings.org/mlk.
For further information, call Joyce Campos at 954-344-1005.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch
- News2021.03.01First Church Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution on Saturday
- News2021.03.01Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution March 3
- News2021.03.01‘Check’ This Out: Register for Open Play Chess in Coral Springs