By Kevin Deutsch
The campus of Broward Health Coral Springs is winning plaudits not just for its health care but for its gardening, too.
The hospital recently won the “Yard of the Month Beautification” award from the Garden Club of Coral Springs for outstanding beautification efforts contributing to the enhancement of the community.
“As an active member of the Coral Springs community, we take pride in not only providing advanced healthcare but having an attractive hospital campus that is one of our city’s jewels,” said Michael Leopold, Chief Operating Officer of Broward Health Coral Springs. “Thank you to the Garden Club judges for this special honor.”
The Garden Club of Coral Springs was formed in October 1999 by a handful of home gardeners who had learned how to grow and maintain beautiful landscapes and gardens through trial and error.
“We wanted to share our experiences and knowledge with others,” the organization says on its website. “A great percentage of Floridians are from northern and western areas of our vast country and find that nearly everything they knew about gardening did not apply to South Florida.”
So members banded together to advance the art of gardening, horticulture, and floral design in local communities, protect and conserve natural resources, promote civic and roadside beautification, and encourage a love of gardening among all generations.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.05.212 Adults and Infant Killed in Coral Springs Crime Spree
- Crime & Safety2022.05.19“A Growing Threat”: Rep. Deutch Applauds Passage of Resolution Condemning Rising Antisemitism
- News2022.05.16COVID Infection Totals Rising In Broward Schools
- Eat2022.05.14Coral Springs Restaurants Suffer Revenue Losses Amid Gas Outage